How Can Express Entry Candidates Immigrate to Canada with BC PNP Tech Workers Streams?
A fast task model for the Technical workers to immigrate to Canada is through the British Columbia (BC) tech Workers stream. Owing to their occupation, they can be selected on a priority basis for immigration.
BC PNP Tech program is a highly popular tech worker selection program of British Columbia province, which was launched in 2017. There have been talks of making this a permanent pathway for tech workers as it has helped many talented immigrants get selected for immigration in the province. The BC employers can recruit workers who wish to immigrate to British Columbia.
Who can all qualify for the BC PNP Tech workers program through Express entry?
This program is eligible for applicants applying through the Skills Immigration or Express Entry BC stream.
Applicants already in the Express Entry pool can get nominated through the Express Entry BC stream. Under the express entry program, the candidate should have appeared in the three streams Canadian Experience Class, Federal Skilled Worker Program, or Federal Skilled Trades Program.
For those applying through the Express Entry BC subcategories: Skilled Worker, Healthcare Professional, International Graduate, or International Post-Graduate. Ideally, to qualify, the applicant will need a job offer – except the International Post-Graduate. For British Columbia PNP Tech, the requirements clearly state that a full-time job offer in any 29 eligible occupations in the tech sector is mandatory. In addition, the job offer should have a minimum duration of one year in the 120 calendar days remaining on the contract. There are weekly draws that are held to select the tech workers.
Some draws are held weekly, while others are amalgamated in general draws. An invitation doesn’t guarantee a selection or nomination, but it will provide the time of six months to use for permanent residency. If you wish to relocate early, then you can do so by getting a work permit support letter from BC and work legally in Canada while waiting for a decision on your residency.
After getting selected for the provincial nomination, the applicant will get 600 points added to your overall score.
Points to remember on BC PNP Tech Workers program
- It has jurisdiction over its provincial immigration program.
- BC Tech program is listed among the programs that allow the applicants to skip the Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) process.
- There are options through which you can continue working in the province while waiting for your residency decision through work permit support letters for nominees.
- The applicants with occupation in 29 Key technology occupations are prioritized.
- The Tech applicants are processed in a shorter amount of time.
The list of 29 eligible occupations
As per the National Occupational Classification (NOC) code, the occupations under the BC PNP tech pilot program are –
- 0131 – Telecommunication carriers managers
- 0213 – Computer and information systems managers
- 0512 – Managers – publishing, motion pictures, broadcasting and performing arts
- 2131 – Civil engineers
- 2132 – Mechanical engineers
- 2133 – Electrical and electronics engineers
- 2134 – Chemical engineers
- 2147 – Computer engineers (except software engineers and designers)
- 2171 – Information systems analysts and consultants
- 2172 – Database analysts and data administrators
- 2173 – Software engineers and designers
- 2174 – Computer programmers and interactive media developers
- 2175 – Web designers and developers
- 2221 – Biological technologists and technicians
- 2241 – Electrical and electronics engineering technologists and technicians
- 2242 – Electronic service technicians (household and business equipment)
- 2243 – Industrial instrument technicians and mechanics
- 2281 – Computer network technicians
- 2282 – User support technicians
- 2283 – Information systems testing technicians
- 5121 – Authors and writers
- 5122 – Editors
- 5125 – Translators, terminologists and interpreters
- 5224 – Broadcast technicians
- 5225 – Audio and video recording technicians
- 5226 – Other technical and coordinating occupations in motion pictures, broadcasting and the performing arts
- 5227 – Support occupations in motion pictures, broadcasting, photography and the performing arts
- 5241 – Graphic designers and illustrators
- 6221 – Technical sales specialists – wholesale trade
How to Apply in the BC Tech Pilot Program?
The BC Tech Pilot Program can be applied through the following ways –
➔ The applicant needs to register in the BC Skills Immigration program
➔ Meet the requirements
➔ Get the nomination
➔ Apply for the Permanent residency