How Can I Get Canadian PR visa?
Canada Permanent Residency (PR) comes with additional benefits, which makes the PR status most lucrative and enchanting for the immigrants. It is one of the reasons why people find immigrating to Canada beneficial and choose Canada over other countries like Australia and New Zealand. The Canadian PR visa status is valid for a period of five years, and it is a family visa which provides educational and health benefits to the candidates, and the only requirement is to meet the eligibility criteria for the PR status of Canada once the eligibility is met the candidate is provided with the invitation to apply (ITA) which needs to answered by the candidate in 90 days’ time frame.
Also Read: Requirements for Canada PR Visa
Pathways for Canada PR Visa
The three popular pathways for Canada PR status are –
- Express Entry Program
- Provincial Nominee Program(PNP)
- Quebec Skilled Workers Program(QSWP)
The two latest pathway additions which have become widely popular are-
- Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot program(RNIP)
- Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program (AIPP)
Some of the basic eligibility criteria for the PR status are:
The eligibility for the PR Status of Canada is achieved when the minimum points are attained by the candidate as determined by the IRCC (Immigration Refugees Canadian Citizenship) through the Express Entry Draws. The Express Entry Draws are released every 15 days, and new minimum CRS scores are assigned to the aspiring candidates.
The Selection points are calculated on the following parameters:
- Age – There is no age limit for immigration to Canada, but the candidate is allotted high points when he/she is between the age of 18 to 35 years.
- Education – High education allows high points to the candidate. Thus, having a post-graduate or doctorate degree makes a candidate eligible for a good score.
- Work Experience – Higher the work experience, higher is the score of the candidate. The more a candidate skilled, the more is his value in the eyes of the Canadian government. The employment should be in a full-time job of continuous nature for a period of at least one year.
- Language proficiency – The English language efficiency is tested through the IELTS examination, and higher the IELTS score higher is the scorecard of the candidate.
- Adaptability – There is extra point allocation for all those candidates whose sibling/spouse is staying in Canada already.