The young professionals, seeking to secure bright future in Canada, look forward to job opportunities and kick-start the immigration process. Canada immigration process can be an overwhelming experience for many, hence a mix of right guidance and support form expert consultants can help candidates to get positive results. The immigration process starts with pre-assessment of candidate’s profile, including age, academic credentials, work experience and related factors. The evaluation of academic credentials against a benchmark called ‘Educational Credential Assessment’ (ECA) plays a vital role in pre-assessment step.
The Canada Government starts the evaluation process of candidates with the Educational Credential Assessment for Canada immigration. Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) is means to verify validity and equivalence of candidates’ academic degree, diploma or certificate for Canada immigration. This regular and essential step in the Canada Immigration process, lends value to candidates’ assessment report. The ECA report must show or prove that candidate has completed academic course, and received degree, diploma or certificate which is equivalent to Canadian Secondary or Post Secondary Education.
About Educational Credential Assessment (ECA)
Getting an evaluation of academic credentials done is a simple process. Candidates should keep their academic documents ready before submitting them for assessment to an authorised body.
The authorised bodies for Canada Immigration assessment are:
- WES-World Education Services
- Comparative Education Service – University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies
- International Qualifications Assessment service
- International Credential Assessment of service of Canada
- For Pharmacists-Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada
- for Doctors-Medical Council of Canada
- International Credential Evaluation Service
- About 41,000 invites were issued to Indians in 2018 marking a 13 per cent rise compared to 36,310 invites in 2017, according to statistics provided by the Department of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.
- A 50% rise is witnessed in grant of citizenship to Indians in initial ten months of 2018. Many Indians have opted for the Canadian citizenship after spending the specified duration for permanent residence. Nearly 15,000 Indians obtained citizenship during this period, which is a significant rise of 50% from 2017.
Steps for Canada immigration ECA are as follows:
- Collect the documents required.
- Request a Transcript to understand what all documents are required.
- Create an account and file an ECA report
- Send documents to WES or any other body.
- Receive your ECA report.
What is the Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) Canada processing time?
The official ECA report for Canada immigration is generally processed in 20 days. However, in some instances it takes less than 20 days for processing. In some cases the ECA report was submitted in 14 days for further processing.
The validity and shelf life of ECA report is five years from the date the report is issued. Candidates are advised to make a meticulous plan for creating a profile and apply for immigration to avoid unnecessary delay.
A prominent consultant, Signature Visas, provides Canada immigration service as well as facilitates guidance from working professionals in Canada. This helps immigration seekers to get right information and take decisions best suited to their interest and condition. The consultant also provides pre-assessment and IELTS guidance to immigration aspirants in order to help them having hassle-free Canada immigration. For queries, please speak to our experts at +91-991165 9888
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating 5 / 5. Vote count: 3