Coined as one of the most immigration-friendly nation, Canada welcomes skilled foreign workers from diverse backgrounds and work profiles. The country’s flourishing economy offers bright career to banking jobs seekers. The banking jobs in Canada for Indians promises growth as well as bright and steady career. Canada banking job offers wide range of positions to entry level as well as experienced workers. Banking jobs in Canada for Indians are in plenty and various job profiles assure upward mobility after gaining considerable experience.
Canadian employers also seek ideal candidates who are good in keeping and maintaining records, processing payments and withdrawal, disseminating financial information, evaluate loan proposals, disbursing funds, recruiting, training, assessing and appraising staff members, creating a network of business and corporate contacts, discussing financial matters with clients and facilitate financial resolutions to them, taking overview of financial deals, promoting various services of the bank and financial institutions, prepare budgets and regularly review targets, grievance redressal and so on.
Armed with advanced technology, the diverse financial system in Canada offers a range of opportunities to bankers and investors. The financial ecosystem offers growth to aspirants of banking jobs as well as a platform to further hone their knowledge and skills.
Here are some salient features of Canadian banking sector:
- World Economic Forum ranked Canada as number one for the ‘Most Sound Banking System In The World’ for five consecutive years.
- Canadian banks employ over 275,000 people in 6000 bank branches spread in rural and urban areas. The full-time employment in Canada banking sector has increased by 25.4% in last ten years.
- Banks account 3.1% of Canada’s GDP. This clearly states that banking jobs offer promising and bright future.
- Canadian banks sponsor and finance small and medium-sized business worth $1.6 million. This shows that banking jobs require capable and trained professionals for evaluation, disbursement and facilitation of financial deals. Since Indian professionals are trained in all these aspects of banking profiles they get better chances to secure banking jobs in Canada.
Skilled foreign workers having knowledge, domain skills and extensive work experience in any of the National Occupation Classification (NOC) list category in Canada, get promising job offers in the field of banking and investment. Aspirants can apply for immigration through any of the options available –
- Express Entry Programme – Express Entry Number under Express Entry gateway is allocated to skilled professionals to secure Permanent Residency (PR). Candidates can register themselves in Job Bank of Canada (JBC) with the help of Express Entry Number. The JBC highlights job listings with massive database of recruiters and employers looking for ideal candidates, right fit for banking profiles and have an efficient workforce in banking and financial institutions. This programme is ideal for foreign skilled workers having extensive work experience.
- Provincial Nominee Programme (PNP) – This process is meant for candidates and job seekers having particular skill set in banking and finance, knowledge and considerable work experience, are willing to stay in specific province and are interested in Permanent Residency of Canada.
Salary Structure in Banking Jobs in Canada – The average salary in jobs in banking in Canada for Indians is $18.24 per hour or $35,565 per year. The salary of bankers depends on the work experience and years of service in banks and financial institutions. The entry-level bankers receive $28,841 per year, while professionals with wide experience earn $60,461 per year.
Also Read – Accounts Jobs in Canada for Indians
Most popular profiles in banking jobs in Canada for Indians
- Credit Clerk
- Foreign-Exchange Dealer
- Business Analyst
- Financial Advisor
- Mortgage Payment Processing Clerk
- Operations Supervisor
- Loan Officer
- Marketing Executive
- Financial Consultant
- Data Processing Officer
- Management Information Systems Officer
- Customer Care Executive
- Commercial Officer
- Public Relation Officer
- Bank Secretary
Job Opportunities For Bankers in Canadian Provinces –
- Transaction Services Associate in Toronto – $40000 per year
- Credit Counselor in Scarborough – $53635 per year
- Finance Co-ordinator in Toronto – $25 per hour
- Tax Clerk in Whittchurch-Stouffville – $49463 – $60169 per year
- Tax Specialist in Brampton – $66539 per year
- Accounting Clerk I Whitby – $23.97 per hour
- Financial Accounting Supervisor in Brampton – $28 per hour
Also Read – How to Get Job in Canada from India
➡ Direct Work Permit (WP) through job sites are only secured by 5% of the total candidates.
➡ Securing Permanent Residency increases the chances of securing jobs in Canada from 5% to 50%.
Canadian employers are interested in hiring candidates having PR since it makes candidates eligible to work in Canada.
A booming career in Canada relies on best immigration consultants and trustworthy counselors. A foremost immigration consultant, Signature Visas, provides overall guidance to aspirants on securing job opportunities in Canada. It also provides guidance from working professionals in Canada in different industries to guide candidates and develop a bright career.
The consultant is committed to provide job assistance to job aspirants so that they are able to approach employers and recruiters in Banking sector in Canada. Feel free to call us on +91-9911659888 to receive expert guidance on finding banking job opportunites in Canada.
Disclaimer- Candidates are advised to do research and scan immigration updates before hunting jobs in Canada