A lot of people have opted for immigration to Canada for employment, business and educational reasons. Canada has gained prominence over the years as the resettlement epitome. It is in the top ten countries in the world for relocation. If you are from India and looking for ways on how to apply for Canadian immigration from India, then read this post for answer.
It is always advised that the process should be undertaken under the guidance of a good immigration consultant. They are well equipped with the latest rule and updates and are knowledge to handle the processing and documentation.
What are the Reasons for the Canada Immigration Selection?
Apart from the high standard of living and low mortality rate in the country, there are many reasons that it has become the top choice. The heightened opportunities professionally and personally both have been the main attraction.
Listed below are the core reasons for this-
- Free education and subsidized healthcare with PR visa status.
- There is a meagre crime rate in the country.
- Lenient immigration laws for different visa pathways.
- Multiculturalism and diversity are the main attraction.
- Universities in Canada are among the top universities in the world.
- Safer as compared to other countries.
How to Apply for Immigration to Canada from India?
There are different pathways through which the candidate can apply for the migration. The eligibility requirements in every model are different.
The Best Pathway for Migration is Permanent Residency (PR)-
The PR status is for family and five years. Some of the prime benefits of this are free education, free education, and protection against crime. There are three most popular ways in this approach are –
- Express Entry Program – It is a program suited to help the skilled foreign workers relocate in six months. There are three subcategories in this program – Federal Skilled Workers Program (FSWP), Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP) and Canadian Experience Class (CEC)
- Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) – Every province has the right to nominate the applicants for migration. Based on the labor requirements, every region will have its selection procedure. An applicant will get 600 extra points in the Express Entry program after being selected for a Provincial Nominee Program (PNP).
- Quebec Skilled Workers Program (QSWP) – The Quebec region has a separate model. The minimum required score for a single candidate is 50, and for a married applicant, the score is 59.
The Other Pathways for Migration to Canada are –
To start a business in Canada, the candidate should have an approved business plan, investment money, and also the minimum score of language needed.
There is a provision to sponsor your Grandparents, parent, Spouse, or relatives in Canada. For this, the requirements entail –
- Over 18 years of Age
- A Canadian citizen
- A Permanent Residency Status holder
Caregivers for children, elderly, and sick people can quickly relocate. The work experience required is at least one year, and the minimum language score is required.
Atlantic Immigration Pilot
This is an employer-driven program in which the applicant can live in four Atlantic Provinces of Canada. The provinces are Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Newfoundland & Labrador, and Prince Edward Island. The processing time is fast and approximately six months.
There are three programs in this model-
- Atlantic International Graduate program
- Atlantic High skilled program
- Atlantic Intermediate Skill Program
Step by Step Guide On How to Apply for Canada Immigration
The process will depend on the pathway chosen for relocation. Every process will require the applicant to meet the eligibility. The selection depends a lot on the meeting the score asked by the IRCC. For a smooth proceeding, it is always lovely to undertake the process with the help of a consultant.
The main steps are as follows:
- Profile creation – Create an online profile after ECA and Language test.
- Enter the pool – Through the Express Entry or Expression of Interest (EOI).
- Wait for the ITA – This is not the PR status but a right to apply. The average time to complete the documentation after ITA is 60 days.
- Documentation process – This will include medical, police verification, proof of fund, ECA, and work experience. All documents should be authentic and accurate for a hassle-free process.
- File your application – It is not the last step, and you will have to be in touch with the immigration office after this step.
- Get ready to fly – There is a specified period in which you should land in Canada after attaining your status.
Also Read – How to Immigrate to Canada from India
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating 4.7 / 5. Vote count: 3